Living a healthier lifestyle and maintaining a clean diet isn’t as difficult as it may seem. Some major hang-ups people run into is the misconception that healthy food has to be bland, unseasoned and boring.
That could not be further from the truth.
While traditional sauces and condiments are usually filled with added sugars, artificial ingredients and dangerous chemicals, there are still ways to spice up your meals without it becoming detrimental to your health goals!
The most commonly used condiment is probably ketchup. Unfortunately, I’ve never seen a brand of ketchup without additional sugar added to it, which is obviously something we’d like you to avoid!
Lucky for you, we’ve got a ketchup recipe that is to die for! We first saw this posted on T-Nation.com, then decided to add a little 1 & Only flare! It’s also way healthier than store-bought ketchup and incredibly simple to make. Check out the recipe below.
100% Natural Tomato Paste (12 oz can)
Apple Cider Vinegar
2 Mason Jars
How To Make It
- Using a spoon, put 6 ounces of tomato paste in each of your mason jars. About half of the can should go in each jar.
- Add 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar to each of your mason jars.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of Ground Mustard to each jar.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of Cayenne Pepper to each jar.
- Add 1/4 tablespoon of Paprika to each jar.
- Add a pinch of Cumin to each jar.
- Add a pinch of Allspice to each jar.
- Add a pinch of Cloves to each jar.
- Add about 1/4 cup of water to each jar.
- Place the lids on your jars and shake for 30-60 seconds to mix the ingredients.
- IMPORTANT: Taste and adjust.
- Add water to adjust consistency
- Add additional spices or adjust the current spices to enhance flavor.
- Store in your refrigerator in mason jars for up to 2-weeks.
If you’re missing your favorite condiment, now you have a healthier version of it that you can add to your food!