I love to research recipes & share with my friends and 1 & Only Fitness family. Even when I’m just entering the grocery store, I’ll skim through my favorite websites or my Pinterest boards for that night’s family dinner. Here’s a recipe for your dinner this evening, either for yourself w/ leftovers or your whole family. For me it’s essential to have quick, simple & fast ingredients!! I hope you’ll add this no guilt recipe to your grocery list so that your body will thank you after your workout! Eat Clean, Get Lean.
Ready in 30 minutes • Makes 4 servings
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14-oz canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (or tsp dried)
- 10 oz fresh spinach
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
1) In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and cook chicken until lightly browned on each side, approximately 6 minutes.
2) Reduce heat to medium and stir in tomatoes, oregano and basil; place spinach on top of the chicken and cover tightly.
3) Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, approximately 15 more minutes. Stir in salt and pepper and top with cheese.
Watching your cholesterol? Use “no-salt added” crushed tomatoes to reduce your sodium by 110 milligrams per serving!
Need an additional side? Have a spinach salad with an olive oil based dressing, such as balsamic vinaigrette.
*Recipe by Oxygen Magazine online